Pedestrian struck in South End wreck, road shut down
South Boulevard was shut down just before 10 p.m. Wednesday after a car struck a pedestrian at the road's intersection with East Bland Street.
Authorities had blocked off South Boulevard at East Bland Street as they investigated the crash.
The vehicle hit the person just after 8 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Authorities found the victim lying in the roadway. Medic officials described the pedestrian's injuries as life-threatening.
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing