Pence to visit Brazil, Ecuador and Guatemala
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence will visit Brazil, Ecuador and Guatemala during the last week of June.
Pence is adding Guatemala to his third trip to Latin America in less than a year. The trip comes after the recent volcanic eruption that killed at least 110 people and left another 200 missing.
Pence says the U.S. is helping transport burn victims for treatment and sending emergency aid at the request of President Jimmy Morales' government.
The vice president has said he intends to bring attention during his trip to the deepening humanitarian crisis in Venezuela.
Trending... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot