Pence upstaged by 2 Koreas' efforts to warm ties
GANGNEUNG, South Korea (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence's efforts to keep North Korea from stealing the show at the Winter Olympics proved to be short-lived, quickly drowned out by the images of the two Koreas marching and competing together, as the South appeared to look favorably on warming ties on the Korean Peninsula.
Pence spent the days leading up to the games warning that the North was trying to "hijack the message and imagery of the Olympic Games" with its "propaganda." But the North was still welcomed with open arms to what South Korean President Moon Jae-in... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...