Pence upstaged by 2 Koreas' efforts to warm ties
GANGNEUNG, South Korea (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence's efforts to keep North Korea from stealing the show at the Winter Olympics proved to be short-lived, quickly drowned out by the images of the two Koreas marching and competing together, as the South appeared to look favorably on warming ties on the Korean Peninsula.
Pence spent the days leading up to the games warning that the North was trying to "hijack the message and imagery of the Olympic Games" with its "propaganda." But the North was still welcomed with open arms to what South Korean President Moon Jae-in... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...