Peoria firefighter, who rescued man from house fire, awarded Medal of Valor
A firefighter with the Peoria Fire-Medical Department received the National Medal of Valor award from President Donald Trump Tuesday.
Stephen Gunn, a department engineer, received the award in a White House ceremony for rescuing a man from a burning house in April 2016.
The Peoria Fire-Medical Department, along with other jurisdictions, responded to the house fire near 75th Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
The first reports indicated the incident was a home invasion and arson fire, which spread quickly through the house, Tim Eiden, a spokesman for the Peoria Fire-Medical Department said in a... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer