Peoria firefighter, who rescued man from house fire, awarded Medal of Valor
A firefighter with the Peoria Fire-Medical Department received the National Medal of Valor award from President Donald Trump Tuesday.
Stephen Gunn, a department engineer, received the award in a White House ceremony for rescuing a man from a burning house in April 2016.
The Peoria Fire-Medical Department, along with other jurisdictions, responded to the house fire near 75th Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
The first reports indicated the incident was a home invasion and arson fire, which spread quickly through the house, Tim Eiden, a spokesman for the Peoria Fire-Medical Department said in a... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas