Peoria tax request a referendum on growth?
The presidential and statewide politics have consumed much of our attention this election season, but Peoria requests on the November ballot deserve our careful consideration.
The city's Proposition 400 and a Peoria Unified School District bond request give us an opportunity to reconsider exactly where future growth should occur.
PUSD, with schools in Glendale and Peoria, seeks a $198 million bond issue; $109 million of that for new construction, including an elementary school and a high school in high-growth areas.
The city's Prop. 400 asks voters to approve an ongoing 0.4 percent city... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes