Percussion instruments highlight of Florida Lakes Symphony Orchestra chamber music concert
MOUNT DORA - Marimba, chimes, glockenspiel, xylophone, wood blocks, cowbell, tam-tam, gong and high hat - all belong to the same instrumental family as the drum.
The mostly unknown world of percussion instruments will move into the spotlight at the final chamber music concert of the Florida Lakes Symphony Orchestra at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Congregational Church of Mount Dora.
"Anything that you hit, rattle or shake, that's percussion," said Mark Goldberg, first percussionist for the orchestra.
Goldberg is half of a duo - the other half is John Shaw - who will demonstrate the... read more
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant
- 14:25 Louisville offers 7 Saguaro football players scholarships on same day
- 14:17 AP Interview: Iran says if US exits deal, it likely will too