Perry girls soccer defeats Pinnacle in penalty kicks to advance to state final
Gilbert Perry girls soccer and Phoenix Pinnacle needed penalties to break a tie, and Perry edged out Pinnacle 5-3 to advance to the 6A state final Tuesday.
Pinnacle sophomore defender Kendall Wells found herself on the score sheet early in the first half and Perry senior forward Trinity Kaufman scored the late equalizer to force overtime.
Perry outshot Pinnacle 18 to 13 and forced Pinnacle sophomore keeper Rachel Black to make seven saves. The explosive Perry offense that averaged five goals per game, scored a total 120 goals, and their active leading goal scorer senior forward Remi... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool