Perry girls soccer defeats Pinnacle in penalty kicks to advance to state final
Gilbert Perry girls soccer and Phoenix Pinnacle needed penalties to break a tie, and Perry edged out Pinnacle 5-3 to advance to the 6A state final Tuesday.
Pinnacle sophomore defender Kendall Wells found herself on the score sheet early in the first half and Perry senior forward Trinity Kaufman scored the late equalizer to force overtime.
Perry outshot Pinnacle 18 to 13 and forced Pinnacle sophomore keeper Rachel Black to make seven saves. The explosive Perry offense that averaged five goals per game, scored a total 120 goals, and their active leading goal scorer senior forward Remi... read more
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House