Pfizer settles Medicaid claims for $785 million
U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has reached an agreement to pay $784.6 million to resolve unpaid Medicaid rebates.
The long-running case involves practices relating to the calculation of Medicaid rebates by drug maker Wyeth for its drug Protonix between 2001 and 2006. Pfizer acquired Wyeth in 2009.
Pfizer (PFE) shares were up 0.18% to $29.54 Tuesday.
In its lawsuit, the Justice Department had alleged that Wyeth violated the law by not offering to Medicaid the discounts it had given to hospitals on its heartburn drug Protonix. Officials had said the miscalculations amounted to hundreds of... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely