Phil Jackson to Knicks facilitated by Irving Azoff, manager of The Eagles
As the Daily News previously reported, James Dolan credited Irving Azoff — a mutual friend of his and Jackson’s, and the manager of the Eagles, whom Dolan’s band has toured with — for facilitating a meeting between the Knicks and the Zen Master just before Christmas.
Longtime Eagles member Glenn Frey was present along with Azoff at Tuesday’s press conference introducing Jackson.
“If this doesn’t go well, we’ll blame you,” Dolan said to Azoff. “That night Phil and I met and talked for several hours and agreed we should talk again. While it was clear that Phil wasn’t going to coach again, we... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case