Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...