Phoenician Matt Antoine returns to Winter Olympics seeking 2nd skeleton medal
Matt Antoine came to Phoenix for one reason and stayed for another.
A 2014 Winter Olympic medalist in skeleton, Antoine was ready for a new training home after his time at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. He knew Stuart McMillan, who was on the USA Bobsled/Skeleton staff at the Sochi Olympics, and opted to train in summer 2015 with McMillan at Altis, a pro track training group in Phoenix.
"It wasn't a very good fit for me," said Antoine, but Phoenix was. Rather than renting a home, he bought one in June 2015 and has lived here since with his golden retriever Dixie,... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez