Phoenix-area police chase suspect claims 'officers can be killed'
CLOSE Mitchell Timothy Taebel, the suspect in a high-speed police chase that ended in a violent crash near the ASU Tempe campus, attends his initial hearing Jan. 25, 2018. Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
The man who led Phoenix-area police on a chase that ended in a head-on collision Wednesday in Tempe said killing police officers in an effort to maintain his freedom would have been justified, court records show.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety previously said 31-year-old Mitchell Timothy Taebel espoused "anti-government views." But written records made available... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...