Phoenix charter school apologizes after student with braids was sent home
CLOSE Charter school enrollment is growing in Arizona, but what's the difference between a charter and your neighborhood district school? azcentral.com
A few days before picture day, Brittany Anderson took her son to get his hair rebraided so it would be as perfect as possible.
Nasir, 12, had been growing out his hair since August and wearing it in braids since October, in a style with two braids running from his forehead to the nape of his neck.
When picture day came Jan. 31, within minutes of arriving at the Phoenix school, Nasir was sent to the office and then told to go home for... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died