Phoenix charter school apologizes after student with braids was sent home
CLOSE Charter school enrollment is growing in Arizona, but what's the difference between a charter and your neighborhood district school? azcentral.com
A few days before picture day, Brittany Anderson took her son to get his hair rebraided so it would be as perfect as possible.
Nasir, 12, had been growing out his hair since August and wearing it in braids since October, in a style with two braids running from his forehead to the nape of his neck.
When picture day came Jan. 31, within minutes of arriving at the Phoenix school, Nasir was sent to the office and then told to go home for... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...