Phoenix Mercury bolster defense by signing power forward Sancho Lyttle
The Phoenix Mercury opened WNBA free agency Thursday by signing veteran power forward Sancho Lyttle, formerly with the Atlanta Dream.
The 6-4 Lyttle is an unrestricted free agent not designated as a core player and free to sign with any WNBA team.
Lyttle has made WNBA All-Defensive first or second team six times. She is the league's 12th leading career rebounder and ninth in career steals.
"She gives us the defensive presence next to Brittney Griner that we've always been looking for," Mercury general manager Jim Pitman said.
Lyttle has played on a Russian team with 6-9 Griner and... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...