Phoenix Mercury bolster defense by signing power forward Sancho Lyttle
The Phoenix Mercury opened WNBA free agency Thursday by signing veteran power forward Sancho Lyttle, formerly with the Atlanta Dream.
The 6-4 Lyttle is an unrestricted free agent not designated as a core player and free to sign with any WNBA team.
Lyttle has made WNBA All-Defensive first or second team six times. She is the league's 12th leading career rebounder and ninth in career steals.
"She gives us the defensive presence next to Brittney Griner that we've always been looking for," Mercury general manager Jim Pitman said.
Lyttle has played on a Russian team with 6-9 Griner and... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House