Phoenix police identify man arrested after being shot by officer
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
Phoenix police have identified a man shot by an officer on Feb. 16 in west Phoenix.
Lazaro Curiel, 39, was wounded in the incident, but he was arrested and booked the next day on charges of aggravated assault and carrying a gun by a prohibited possessor, Phoenix police said.
Police said Curiel pointed a handgun at an officer in the area of 1825 N. 89th Ave. while police were searching for another person who was being sought on a domestic violence warrant, Phoenix police said.
RELATED: Phoenix police shoot man, arrest second suspect... read more
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...