Phoenix police union mounts attacks on Chief Williams, cites failure to support officers
CLOSE Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams talks with Republic reporter Megan Cassidy about the police report following the Trump rally in downtown Phoenix on Monday, Jan. 29, 2018. Nick Serpa/azcentral.com
For the second time in a week, Phoenix police’s rank-and-file union is publicly airing an attack against Chief Jeri Williams for what they say is a failure to stand by her officers.
The latest swipe centers on a domestic violence incident in which a man claimed an officer used excessive force against his daughter.
The claim was ultimately invalidated by the officer’s body camera footage,... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...