Phoenix police union mounts attacks on Chief Williams, cites failure to support officers
CLOSE Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams talks with Republic reporter Megan Cassidy about the police report following the Trump rally in downtown Phoenix on Monday, Jan. 29, 2018. Nick Serpa/azcentral.com
For the second time in a week, Phoenix police’s rank-and-file union is publicly airing an attack against Chief Jeri Williams for what they say is a failure to stand by her officers.
The latest swipe centers on a domestic violence incident in which a man claimed an officer used excessive force against his daughter.
The claim was ultimately invalidated by the officer’s body camera footage,... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...