Phoenix Rising FC fall to Red Bulls of MLS in preseason
Scroll down for complete 2018 Phoenix Rising RC schedule
Phoenix Rising FC held its preseason opener on Saturday night, hosting the New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer but falling short 3-2.
An announced crowd of 6,620 fans packed Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex, including Diamondbacks pitcher Archie Bradley.
The Rising's first goal was an own goal by the Red Bulls, who deflected a cross into his own net in the 7th minute. Newcomer Kevaugn Frater scored the second goal for the Rising in the 71st minute.
But it wasn't enough against the MLS club.
Up nextPhoenix Rising hosts the Colorado... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez