Phoenix Rising FC fall to Red Bulls of MLS in preseason
Scroll down for complete 2018 Phoenix Rising RC schedule
Phoenix Rising FC held its preseason opener on Saturday night, hosting the New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer but falling short 3-2.
An announced crowd of 6,620 fans packed Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex, including Diamondbacks pitcher Archie Bradley.
The Rising's first goal was an own goal by the Red Bulls, who deflected a cross into his own net in the 7th minute. Newcomer Kevaugn Frater scored the second goal for the Rising in the 71st minute.
But it wasn't enough against the MLS club.
Up nextPhoenix Rising hosts the Colorado... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...