Phoenix's Matt Antoine hopes to cap 'frustrating week' with another medal
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - It took 10 training runs but maybe, just maybe, skeleton athlete Matt Antoine has solved the perplexing curve 2 at the Olympic Sliding Centre.
“In that last training run I was able to get it,” Antoine said Wednesday. “It's the first time I was like, ‘Oh, this is what it's supposed to feel like when you get it correct.'”
With the first two competition heats scheduled for Thursday, Antoine's “aha” moment couldn't have come at a better time. The bronze-medal winner at the 2014 Sochi Games is going to have to improve on his training run times in order to reach the... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 21:11 Diamondbacks react to pace of play rule changes
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson