Phoenix's Matt Antoine hopes to cap 'frustrating week' with another medal
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - It took 10 training runs but maybe, just maybe, skeleton athlete Matt Antoine has solved the perplexing curve 2 at the Olympic Sliding Centre.
“In that last training run I was able to get it,” Antoine said Wednesday. “It's the first time I was like, ‘Oh, this is what it's supposed to feel like when you get it correct.'”
With the first two competition heats scheduled for Thursday, Antoine's “aha” moment couldn't have come at a better time. The bronze-medal winner at the 2014 Sochi Games is going to have to improve on his training run times in order to reach the... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...