Phoenix strip club bouncer pleads guilty in fatal beating of Daisy Mountain firefighter
CLOSE Daisy Mountain firefighter dies after Phoenix nightclub assault.
PHOENIX — One of two Phoenix strip club employees accused in the death of an off-duty Daisy Mountain firefighter last year has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
Maricopa County Superior Court officials say Brandon Douglas Draper had a change of plea hearing Monday.
He's scheduled to be sentenced on May 4.
The 27-year-old Draper was a bouncer at the Centerfolds Cabaret at the time of the January 2017 incident.
MORE: Widow of firefighter beaten at strip club wants state to regulate bouncers
Phoenix police say... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...