Phoenix Suns buy out Greg Monroe's contract
The Suns have bought out the contract of veteran center Greg Monroe, azcentral sports has learned.
The timing of the buyout is odd in that the NBA trading deadline is Feb. 8. Clearly, the Suns didn't feel they could get anything in return for Monroe in a trade.
If Monroe clears waivers, expect the New Orleans Pelicans to be interested. The Pelicans just lost center DeMarcus Cousins for the season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon. The Milwaukee Bucks have expressed an interest in having Monroe back as well.
Monroe has an expiring contract worth $17.8 million.
Monroe averaged 10.4 points, 7.4... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...