Phoenix Suns buy out Greg Monroe's contract
The Suns have bought out the contract of veteran center Greg Monroe, azcentral sports has learned.
The timing of the buyout is odd in that the NBA trading deadline is Feb. 8. Clearly, the Suns didn't feel they could get anything in return for Monroe in a trade.
If Monroe clears waivers, expect the New Orleans Pelicans to be interested. The Pelicans just lost center DeMarcus Cousins for the season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon. The Milwaukee Bucks have expressed an interest in having Monroe back as well.
Monroe has an expiring contract worth $17.8 million.
Monroe averaged 10.4 points, 7.4... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...