Phoenix Suns center Alan Williams makes season debut against Celtics
As Suns center Alan Williams neared his return from offseason knee surgery he sometimes jokingly scolded reporters for asking if there was a set date for his season debut.
That question is now moot.
Following the Suns' shootaround Monday morning, interim coach Jay Triano said Williams would play against the Boston Celtics, six months and one day after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a meniscus tear in his right knee.
“I'm ready,” Williams said.
It's been a long road for Williams, who was expected to be a valuable role player for the Suns this season after signing a three-year, $17... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...