Phoenix Suns' Devin Booker moves toward prominent leadership role
OKLAHOMA CITY - A defensive assignment was missed, interim coach Jay Triano called timeout and, as the Suns settled into their seats on the bench, Devin Booker exploded.
Phoenix was well on its way to losing 125-103 to the Miami Heat on Monday and Booker had had it. His words couldn't be heard amid the din at AmericanAirlines Arena and the subject of his wrath couldn't be distinguished among the bodies on the Suns' bench, but in picking that moment for his voice to be heard, Booker was taking the next step in his NBA evolution.
Booker can't just be the Suns' best player the next few years.... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions