Phoenix Suns: Devin Booker, T.J. Warren give thumbs up to Elfrid Payton deal
Devin Booker is fine giving up the basketball to new Suns point guard Elfrid Payton. But that approval has an asterisk.
“As long as it comes back, I'm good,” Booker said.
Don't worry. Booker was joking Friday when talking to reporters. Like the rest of the Suns, he's energized about Phoenix's acquisition of Payton, which occurred about 15 minutes before Thursday's trade deadline. Phoenix dealt one of its four second-round picks in June's draft to acquire the 23-year-old Payton, who averaged 13 points, 6.3 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game this season for Orlando.
“He brings that defensive... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals