Phoenix weather: 10 driest winters in recorded history
CLOSE Raw footage of rain falling in the East Valley. Michael Chow/azcentral.com
While it may seem like Phoenix hasn’t had any rain this winter, that’s actually not the case.
Admittedly, the little bit of rain we've had falls in the category of "if you blinked, you might have missed it," but there has been some.
So far this meteorological winter, Phoenix has seen 0.44 inch of rain through Feb. 11. Meteorologists define winter as the three coldest months — December, January and February. Normal for that period is 2.11 inches.
As little as this winter's total is, it’s not even close... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants