Phoenix weather: 83 degrees on Monday ties record for Jan. 29
If you think Monday's weather felt more like April than January, you're right.
Phoenix tied an 83-year-old heat record when the high temperature on Jan. 29 at Sky Harbor Airport reached 83 degrees just after 4:30 p.m.
The last time the temperature reached that level on this date was 1935.
Monday’s heat isn’t unprecedented — the record high for the month is 88 degrees set on Jan. 19, 1971 — but it’s well ahead of schedule. The normal high for Phoenix doesn’t reach 83 degrees until April 7.
MORE PHOENIX WEATHER: 2017 was warmest year on record | The city's hottest November ever
The city... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...