Phoenix weather: Drought worsens in January
The January 2018 Phoenix weather statistics by themselves aren’t particularly remarkable, but a look at the bigger picture will get your attention.
January 2018 was the third warmest ever for Phoenix when you look at the average temperature of 61.2 degrees. Average daily temperature is determined by adding the daily highs and lows and dividing by two.
And it was the 34th driest month for the city with just 0.21 inch of rain recorded at Sky Harbor Airport, according to the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
When you consider that 2017 was the warmest year ever for Phoenix and the city had... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border