Phoenix weather: Drought worsens in January
The January 2018 Phoenix weather statistics by themselves aren’t particularly remarkable, but a look at the bigger picture will get your attention.
January 2018 was the third warmest ever for Phoenix when you look at the average temperature of 61.2 degrees. Average daily temperature is determined by adding the daily highs and lows and dividing by two.
And it was the 34th driest month for the city with just 0.21 inch of rain recorded at Sky Harbor Airport, according to the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
When you consider that 2017 was the warmest year ever for Phoenix and the city had... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House