Phoenix weather: Dry days ahead after Tuesday showers
Phoenix will likely get some rain Tuesday, but it won't last.
The National Weather Service is predicting about a quarter-inch of rain for the greater Phoenix area Tuesday night, according to meteorologist Mark O'Malley.
"By the time people go to work (Wednesday) morning, it'll be gone," he said.
The nighttime shower is the latest in a series of fast-moving storm systems passing through Arizona, a common phenomenon during the winter, O'Malley said.
CLOSE Rain falls in downtown Phoenix on Feb. 14, 2018. The Republic/azcentral.com
Why Arizona's weather has been so dry this winter... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...