Phoenix Xavier College Prep girls soccer holds off Hamilton to advance to 6A state final
Phoenix Xavier College Prep girls soccer held on to defeat Chandler Hamilton 1-0 in the 6A state semifinal Tuesday to advance to its second consecutive state final.
Xavier senior forward Kyla Ferry found the back of the net just minutes before halftime to give her team the win. In an evenly matched game, Hamilton outshot Xavier 11 to 9, but Xavier took advantage with its ability to be dangerous on set pieces.
While Hamilton created more goal-scoring opportunities, they were unable to finish them as Xavier senior goal keeper Kinsey Ehmann finished the night with seven saves.
The Pepperdine... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...