Pinnacle boys basketball dominates Mountain Pointe for 6A title
Phoenix Pinnacle guards were practically salivating at the thought of facing Phoenix Mountain Pointe's full-court pressure.
Breaking it with ease, Pinnacle scored at the other end, mainly with open 3s.
Making five 3s in the second quarter, No. 2 Pinnacle opened up a 15-point lead and rolled to its first 6A boys basketball state championship with a 76-60 victory before an estimated crowd of about 8,000 on Wednesday night at Arizona State's Wells Fargo Arena.
The game started an hour later than scheduled, but it didn't matter. Pinnacle (24-7) waited forever for the moment to raise the gold... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates