Pinnacle's Nico Mannion named Gatorade Arizona Basketball POY
Phoenix Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion, a week after leading the Pioneers to their first 6A boys basketball state championship, has been chosen as the Gatorade Arizona Player of the Year.
Mannion, 6-foot-3, has been blessed with amazing quickness and hops and great court awareness. He always finds open teammates if his shot isn't there. He averaged 23.4, 5.8 assists, 4.7 rebounds and two steals, after missing the first four games while recovering from an off-season broken hand.
Gatorade also weighs a player's achievements outside of basketball, in the classroom and community.... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...