Pirates drop first series of 2013 with 3-2 loss to Cubs
By Michael Sanserino / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette James McDonald dazzled, but the Pirates offense fizzled in a 3-2 loss to the Cubs this afternoon at PNC Park.
With the loss, the Pirates (1-2) dropped their first series of the season.
The Pirates managed just one hit in the game's first eight innings. But when Cubs closer Carlos Marmol took the mound -- as was the case Monday in a near-comeback -- the Pirates' offense came to life.
Trailing 3-0, Starling Marte led off the inning with a line-drive single to left field, and Russell Martin drew a walk to put runners on first and second with no... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft