Pirates drop first series of 2013 with 3-2 loss to Cubs
By Michael Sanserino / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette James McDonald dazzled, but the Pirates offense fizzled in a 3-2 loss to the Cubs this afternoon at PNC Park.
With the loss, the Pirates (1-2) dropped their first series of the season.
The Pirates managed just one hit in the game's first eight innings. But when Cubs closer Carlos Marmol took the mound -- as was the case Monday in a near-comeback -- the Pirates' offense came to life.
Trailing 3-0, Starling Marte led off the inning with a line-drive single to left field, and Russell Martin drew a walk to put runners on first and second with no... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...