Pittsburgh Council president endorses Wagner for mayor
By James O'Toole / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette With a sharp shot at mayoral candidate Bill Peduto, Pittsburgh City Council President Darlene Harris joined the leaders of five building trades unions in endorsing former Auditor General Jack Wagner for the Democratic nomination for mayor.
In her prepared remarks, Ms. Harris offered a thinly veiled criticism of her colleague, saying she was supporting Mr. Wagner because the city does not need a mayor "who doesn't work well with others,'' and holds "petty grudges'' for years.
She made her criticism explicit as she said that Mr. Peduto had... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely