Poles View Obama Visit Through Lens of Generation
WARSAW - In this big and proud Central European country, whose inhabitants in the past sought refuge or economic opportunities in the United States, the view from the street is changing.
Along the sidewalks of Warsaw on Friday, as Poland prepared for a 24-hour visit by President Barack Obama, that change was most clearly seen in the divergent voices of the older and younger generations of Poles.
For the older generation - who lived through World War II, when the German and Soviet armies wrought destruction and violence on what was a major European cultural center, and who saw no respite as... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston