Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 15:42 Energy Secretary Rick Perry's father dies at 92
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil