Police: Burglary suspect Tased near Interstate 10 and Baseline Road in Tempe
A Tempe police officer used a Taser to subdue a burglary suspect who punched the officer in the head after being escorted off a bus near Interstate 10 and Baseline Road on Tuesday afternoon, according to police.
Police were checking buses in the area for a "possible burglary suspect" when an officer pulled 23-year-old Jordan Lemons off a bus near the Denny's restaurant on Baseline Road just west of Interstate 10, police spokeswoman Sgt. Josie Montenegro said.
Lemons assaulted the officer by "punching him several times in the head area," Montenegro said. The officer... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...