Police: Burglary suspect Tased near Interstate 10 and Baseline Road in Tempe
A Tempe police officer used a Taser to subdue a burglary suspect who punched the officer in the head after being escorted off a bus near Interstate 10 and Baseline Road on Tuesday afternoon, according to police.
Police were checking buses in the area for a "possible burglary suspect" when an officer pulled 23-year-old Jordan Lemons off a bus near the Denny's restaurant on Baseline Road just west of Interstate 10, police spokeswoman Sgt. Josie Montenegro said.
Lemons assaulted the officer by "punching him several times in the head area," Montenegro said. The officer... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler