Police: Emails from FBI contain virus
ALEXANDRIA, Ky. -- Police in northern Kentucky say an email virus is being sent to computers under the guise of coming from the FBI.
Alexandria police say if the email is opened, it will unleash a virus that will encrypt all the files on the computer and the sender will request $500 to remove the encryption.
There's no guarantee that, if the money is paid, the encryption will be removed.
Police say employees of the FBI will send emails that end with @ic.fbi.gov, but the agency itself never sends out an email to individuals.
Officers say if an address has any alteration like @fbi.gov or... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...