Police ID man in deadly crash with tree in Mesa
CLOSE Do you know what to do if you're in an accident?
Police have identified the driver who died following a hit-and-run crash in Mesa on Wednesday as 29-year-old Jefte Daniel Boll.
According to witnesses and evidence, police say Boll initially rear-ended a vehicle that was stopped on Guadalupe Road at the Loop 202 overpass before fleeing, losing control and then crashing into a tree.
Police said speed was a factor.
The driver of the rear-ended vehicle was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Boll died at the scene.
Two DPS troopers involved in injury collision on I-17... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'