Police: Man dead after confrontation with security guard at Phoenix Jack in the Box
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
A confrontation between an armed security guard and a man who refused to leave left one man dead on Wednesday evening.
Phoenix police said a 64-year-old man was shot and killed by a 23-year-old armed security guard at a Jack in the Box restaurant near 35th Avenue and Buckeye Road.
The man and the security guard got into a disagreement when the man refused to leave the property and threatened to kill him just before 7 p.m., according to authorities.
The security... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'