Police: Phoenix crash kills motorcyclist
A Phoenix crash left one man dead and shut down part of 19th Avenue on Sunday night, officials said.
A motorcycle and car collided near 19th Avenue and Behrend Drive shortly before 7 p.m., according to Phoenix police. The unidentified motorcyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, died at the scene, police said.
The woman driving the car stopped after the crash and was cooperating with investigators, according to police. Officials suspected she might have been impaired.
Police expected to keep 19th Avenue restrictions in place until about 1 a.m. Monday while they investigated the crash.
Check... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today