Police: Scottsdale man repeatedly hit children with belt
UPDATE: A Maricopa County court ruled on Dec. 19, 2017, that no proof existed of abuse or neglect of the children by Ali Mohammad Juma and that he is not a danger to their health, safety or welfare.
Police have arrested a Scottsdale man accused of using a belt to repeatedly beat an autistic boy and two other children over the course of two years.
Ali Mohammad Juma, 42, was booked into a Maricopa County jail Tuesday on suspicion of two counts of child abuse, four counts of threatening and intimidating and four counts of disorderly conduct.
Court records show that, in a recent interview with... read more
- 01:08 Latest Mueller indictment spells trouble for bankers, too
- 01:08 Emoluments suit vs. Trump now personal as well as official
- 01:02 Blue Ridge boys earn victory over Chandler Valley Christian in 3A...
- 00:39 Ex-Trump aide pleads guilty, will cooperate in Russia probe
- 00:39 How the AP-NORC poll on America's mood was conducted
- 23:56 No. 12 Monument Valley girls basketball upsets No. 1 Ganado in 3A...
- 23:56 Shadow Mountain will face Salpointe Catholic again for 4A...
- 23:35 Seton Catholic girls basketball to meet Pueblo after blowout win...
- 22:57 Mesa man who sought state investigator job accused of having child...
- 22:54 Cancer: Asheville firefighters face job danger even deadlier than fire