Police: Tempe double-stabbing suspect bit hospital worker
A Tempe man accused of fatally stabbing his stepfather and wounding his mother last week is in jail Tuesday after police said he bit a hospital worker.
Police said Blake Holten, 27, assaulted a hospital security officer as authorities were taking him out of treatment for injuries he suffered during his escape.
Holten faces one count of first-degree murder, one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, multiple counts of kidnapping and one count of aggravated assault against an officer following the March 4 attack against his family, court documents state.
Tempe police were called to... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...