Police won't say if jail staff followed policy in inmate death
slideshow Anniston’s police chief Monday said his department had ended an investigation into the death of a prisoner in February, but declined to answer questions about its findings.
The inmate, Jeffrey Russell, 52, of Alexandria, was pronounced dead in his cell Feb. 21. Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown told The Star in February that the cause of death was suicide by hanging and that no foul play was suspected.
Anniston police Chief Shane Denham declined Monday to say whether staff followed the jail’s policies in its treatment of Russell. Denham said he will go over the investigation in... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches