Police won't say if jail staff followed policy in inmate death
slideshow Anniston’s police chief Monday said his department had ended an investigation into the death of a prisoner in February, but declined to answer questions about its findings.
The inmate, Jeffrey Russell, 52, of Alexandria, was pronounced dead in his cell Feb. 21. Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown told The Star in February that the cause of death was suicide by hanging and that no foul play was suspected.
Anniston police Chief Shane Denham declined Monday to say whether staff followed the jail’s policies in its treatment of Russell. Denham said he will go over the investigation in... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...