Police won't say if jail staff followed policy in inmate death
slideshow Anniston’s police chief Monday said his department had ended an investigation into the death of a prisoner in February, but declined to answer questions about its findings.
The inmate, Jeffrey Russell, 52, of Alexandria, was pronounced dead in his cell Feb. 21. Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown told The Star in February that the cause of death was suicide by hanging and that no foul play was suspected.
Anniston police Chief Shane Denham declined Monday to say whether staff followed the jail’s policies in its treatment of Russell. Denham said he will go over the investigation in... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs