Political challenger ribs Attorney General Ken Paxton for giving Trump advice on prison reform
AUSTIN — Attorney General Ken Paxton was among a cadre of state-level officials giving President Donald Trump advice on prison reform Thursday, a detail Paxton’s challenger found ironic given the general is under indictment and could face up to 99 years in prison if convicted.
Paxton was one of a mix of governors and state attorneys general to confer with Trump on prison reform at the president’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. Trump, a Paxton supporter, is looking to change mandatory sentencing laws such as reducing mandatory minimum sentences for drug felonies.
“It’s absurd that... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'