Poll: Arizona overwhelmingly supports protecting land, air, climate
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE These places deserve a visit.
IRONWOOD FOREST NATIONAL MONUMENT — President Donald Trump’s executive order to review 27 national monuments for potential downsizing or elimination touched a sensitive political nerve in Arizona.
Arizonans want good jobs, but a recent poll suggests that most also want wild places and a clean environment even at the cost of economic growth.
The poll, conducted for the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust in conjunction with The Arizona Republic, found overwhelming support for preserving Arizona's natural resources. It also... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace