Poll: Arizona overwhelmingly supports protecting land, air, climate
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE These places deserve a visit.
IRONWOOD FOREST NATIONAL MONUMENT — President Donald Trump’s executive order to review 27 national monuments for potential downsizing or elimination touched a sensitive political nerve in Arizona.
Arizonans want good jobs, but a recent poll suggests that most also want wild places and a clean environment even at the cost of economic growth.
The poll, conducted for the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust in conjunction with The Arizona Republic, found overwhelming support for preserving Arizona's natural resources. It also... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator