Poll: Most Texans support abortion rights
AUSTIN — The majority of Texans support legal abortions, and if the Supreme Court were to leave abortion rights to the states, most Texans believe abortions should be legal, according to a new poll Thursday.
A Quinnipiac University Poll shows that 62 percent of Texas voters agree with the Roe v. Wade decision, a landmark Supreme Court case that struck down abortion restrictions. But legal and political experts say those abortion protections may be at risk if Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, a conservative judge, is confirmed.
If a new, more conservative Supreme Court were to overturn... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...