Popular referee Ed Hochuli retiring as NFL official after long, successful career
Ed Hochuli is retiring as an official from the NFL, NFL Senior Vice President of Officiating Al Riveron announced Tuesday.
Hochuli had been an NFL official since 1990.
He served as a crew chief for 26 seasons and two Super Bowls.
An attorney based in Phoenix, Hochuli is known for his lengthy explanations of rulings and for his muscular arms.
His son, Shawn Hochuli is also an NFL official. In fact, Shawn was announced by Riveron as one of two new referees in the league on Tuesday.
Shawn has been an NFL back judge since 2014.
Hochuli sometimes clashed with coaches, including former Cardinals... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...