Porter ex-wife: abuse victims aren't weak
WASHINGTON (AP) — The first wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter is pushing back on comments by presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway that seemed to suggest smart women can't be victims of domestic violence.
Conway said in an interview on CNN that she had no reason to doubt the women making allegations of abuse against Porter. But when asked if she was concerned for top White House aide Hope Hicks, who is dating Porter, Conway said no because "I've rarely met somebody so strong with such excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts."
In an op-ed in the Washington... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...