Porter ex-wife: abuse victims aren't weak
WASHINGTON (AP) — The first wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter is pushing back on comments by presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway that seemed to suggest smart women can't be victims of domestic violence.
Conway said in an interview on CNN that she had no reason to doubt the women making allegations of abuse against Porter. But when asked if she was concerned for top White House aide Hope Hicks, who is dating Porter, Conway said no because "I've rarely met somebody so strong with such excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts."
In an op-ed in the Washington... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct