Predicting state: AIA girls basketball tournament sleepers, upsets, champions
A look at the sleepers, the potential shockers and the predicted state champions as we head into the six Arizona Interscholastic Association conference girls basketball tournaments.
RELATED: AIA boys, girls state tournament scores, schedules
6ABest first-round matchup
No. 12 Phoenix Horizon (16-13) at No. 5 Phoenix Xavier Prep (22-5)
If 6-foot-3 Heavenly Greer gets going in the paint, it could be a tough game for Xavier, which has been without its top player, 6-1 Montana Oltrogge, since Jan. 16 because of an injury.
No. 13 Phoenix Mountain Pointe (20-9)
Mountain Pointe was a sleeper... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...