Pregnancy, abortion rates among Bronx teens is NYC's highest
Bronx girls aged 15 to 19 logged the city’s highest rates of pregnancy and abortion, according to a new city report.
Teenagers accounted for 86.4 of every 1,000 pregnancies in the Bronx — and nearly 1,800 babies — in 2012. Teenage girls accounted for 65 in 1,000 pregnancies citywide.
RELATED: DEAD FETUS FOUND IN BAG AT MIDTOWN STORE
“The numbers are alarming, but we’re not surprised,” said Simone Jhingoor of the Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corp., which runs teen pregnancy prevention programs out of its Morrisania headquarters. “It’s really a lack of access to information.”... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend