Prince protege Denise 'Vanity' Matthews dies at age 57
Denise Matthews, the former Prince protege known as Vanity, who later became a Christian evangelist minister who condemned her pop/rock lifestyle, has died. She was 57.
She died at the Washington Hospital Health Care System in Fremont, Calif., according hospital spokeswoman Gisela Hernandez, who confirmed her death to CNN.
Sheila E, another musician associated with Prince who later turned to evangelism, also confirmed her death in a tweet.
The cause of death was not disclosed but Matthews had battled multiple health problems for decades, including kidney disease.
The New York Times quoted... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco