Prince protege Denise 'Vanity' Matthews dies at age 57
Denise Matthews, the former Prince protege known as Vanity, who later became a Christian evangelist minister who condemned her pop/rock lifestyle, has died. She was 57.
She died at the Washington Hospital Health Care System in Fremont, Calif., according hospital spokeswoman Gisela Hernandez, who confirmed her death to CNN.
Sheila E, another musician associated with Prince who later turned to evangelism, also confirmed her death in a tweet.
The cause of death was not disclosed but Matthews had battled multiple health problems for decades, including kidney disease.
The New York Times quoted... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike